Tuesday, September 1, 2020

15mm Bocage Part 2

 I've got all the insulation strips attached to the popsicle sticks, I've got the bases sanded and painted. Here is what they look like now:


The Bocage have 2 layers of sand/glue around the base, and 1 layer of sand/glue over the top. After they've been sanded and glued, I painted them again with the spray paint.

After they've been painted and dried, I flocked them. First, I put blobs of glue for the coarse tufts and then watered down glue to sprinkle flocking over the Bocage.




I tried a couple of different methods, one was to use spray adhesive, but I liked using the Elemer's glue the best.

Here are a few shots of them up close.





Here is the first batch with a FOW Panzer IV hiding among them.



These are ready to get sealed up with matte finish. I'm thinking of adding some trees into the Bocage itself too. We'll see.






1 comment:

  1. Excellent work G. I love the look and you’ve avoided the common pitfall of a mound of rocks with a hedge on top. I’ve separated some medium and small trees from my build queue to add to bocage pieces to increase height. I think they’re needed as you need to limit visibility so even the tallest tanks have a real impairment. I’m also going to try and build some thicket sections which will be overgrown and impassable to all and fit between bocage pieces.

    Keep up the good work (even if you are putting my progress to shame). Stay safe and well.
    BALM

    ReplyDelete

Grandpa George and Grandma Stella

 Here is a photo of my grandma and grandpa somewhere in Europe at the end of WWII. I'd like to find out more about this photo and about ...