Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Hills Part 1

 I'm trying to make some hills for the first time. I started with some real basic materials and some hot glue.



I didn't think about this part too much. Just kind of break up the pieces and glue them in piles.

Next was to use Sculptamold to make the hills.




That same pesky Panzer IV driving around.

After they were molded, I had to let them dry. In the future I would have done them in small sections to help with the bending and dry time. I had to bend some pieces back to make them more level and cracked them a bit. I filled the cracks with glue and sand.


To get them to dry, I had to raise them up off the plastic covered table. It took them days to dry out. Next time I'm going to work in small sections.

Once they were dry, I covered them in glue/sand a couple of times.



This helped to seal them up and make them stronger. After the glue dried for a day or two, I hit them with the spray paint.




Next up for the hills is to flock them and seal them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandpa George and Grandma Stella

 Here is a photo of my grandma and grandpa somewhere in Europe at the end of WWII. I'd like to find out more about this photo and about ...